Create colourful paper mosaics
This is fun way to reuse unwanted papers such as old cards, magazines and leaflets. Triangle craft punches in various sizes can be found cheaply on Amazon, simply punch away and use a glue stick to fix the triangles to paper or card.
What you will need:
- Triangle craft punch
- Glue Stick
- Scrap paper, any sort will do. If you don’t have anything suitable try getting children to cover a piece of white paper in paint and crayon scribbles and cut out your triangles from that
If you are doing this activity with very young children or don’t have a punch, concertina fold a sheet of paper and cut out triangles by hand. This will create larger shapes that are easier for small hands to handle. You will end up with a mixture of triangle and diamond shapes:
These are some of the colourful artworks created by our Arts Jam community:
Arts Jam is a monthly art club run in partnership with Nurture Network This is your space to create, collaborate and be inspired. Relax and have fun trying out different materials and processes each month. All abilities are welcome, join us and find your inspiration.
– To be accessible to all, offering themes that accommodate for different styles, approaches and abilities
– To encourage collaboration, conversation and sharing of skills, ideas and processes
– To explore, experiment and inspire new creative endeavours and projects
– To build confidence with a focus on process rather than finished item
– To be affordable, utilising materials and processes that are readily available at home so that work can be further developed if wished
– To consider environmental impact through choice of materials and reducing waste, using natural or recycled materials where possible